Barterxchange facilitates improved business performance for member businesses via increased sales from having access to BarterXchange’s member database. This is in addition to improved cash flow, reduced business expenses, and reduced idle or excess stock or personnel time, and many other opportunities.
1. COVER YOUR MARKETING COSTS ON BARTER
Businesses often struggle with finding cash flow to grow their business. As a result, marketing efforts often fall to the bottom of the priorities list. BarterXchange members can resolve this situation by using barter trade credits within the exchange network on expenses relating to marketing activities.
Trade opportunities relating to marketing available through BarterXchange members include:
- Advertising in magazines, newspapers
- Website design and management
- Outdoor signages, bill boards, automobiles, buses, to name a few
- Creative services, including design and placement
- Merchandising, including uniforms
Additionally, BarterXchange members benefit from the complimentary services provided through membership in the trade exchange, including:
- Free listing in the printed directory, which provides other members with your business’ contact details and a short description of your goods and services
- Free listing on the international online directory providing thousands of members in trade exchanges with your business details
- The BarterXchange brand to be placed on collaterals, to promote your membership in the BarterXchange network (this can be obtained with permission from the Corporate Office)
- BarterXchange networking functions and trade nights, where you can build new business relationships or exhibit your products and services
These initiatives allow BarterXchange member businesses to expand their customer base further and market their goods and services in a cost-efficient manner.
2. A HUGE NEW MARKET AWAITS YOU
BarterXchange introduces new member businesses to over thousands of member trading customers who may otherwise never be exposed to the new member’s goods or services.
3. WHY BORROW AND PAY INTEREST
BarterXchange members receive an interest-free line of credit which allows them to make purchases immediately upon joining the BarterXchange network, subject to approval by the management.
4. YOUR EXTENDED SALES ARM
BarterXchange assigns a Trade Broker to manage relationships between members and to assist them in selling and finding deals through the BarterXchange network.
5. POWER OF THE BARTER TRADE CREDIT
The cost to generate Barter Trade Credits is an important underlying benefit experienced by businesses worldwide.
Many fixed costs of producing products or services are covered through cash sales, meaning that the cost of generating and fulfilling a BarterXchange sale is your cost of good or service sold.
Therefore, when you purchase products or services using BarterXchange, although you pay the market price, you are actually paying for your purchase with your own inventory - which costs you wholesale. In effect, each time you spend a trade credit, you save whatever your mark-up profit margin is! This is the power of the Barter Trade Credit!
6. PAY CREDITORS ON BARTER
Businesses can pay all or part of their cash debt to creditors in products or services. If your creditor is keen to receive payment, they may be open to accepting products or services they can use in settlement of the debt. You simply pay the BarterXchange supplier on behalf of the creditor in trade credits and then arrange for delivery of the products or fulfillment of the service.
Here’s How to Do It
A leather retailer was behind in paying one of her suppliers. To keep her supplier happy, she offered a one-off payment in products or services of the same value. The supplier required signages at the time, which they would have had to find the cash for anyway, so they were willing to accept her proposal. She coordinated and paid for their signages on trade, in lieu of her outstanding invoice.
- You save cash by paying your creditors in goods or services available through the BarterXchange system
- Your creditor receives payment
7. CHARITABLE DONATIONS
Businesses can choose to donate their Barter Trade Credits to a variety of charities. This is a fantastic way for your business to practice philanthropy, while not affecting your cash flow.
Have a general comment, suggestion or question about BarterXchange?